Sunday, December 14, 2008

seeing Santa

Well, this year I decided that we should go visit our Santa in our neighborhood before venturing out to wait in the mall lines to see the Big Santa. So, last weekend I dressed Sophie up in her X-mas dress and took her to see the Santa that our neighborhood had.....knowing that it might not go well since she's now 16 months old.
Well, "not going well" is an understatement! Sophie has never been one to be afraid of anything or anyone for that matter, but when she saw Santa she flipped out...screaming and crying hysterically! It didn't get any better with me holding her on one side of me and Santa being on my other side (yes, I was in the picture....not the plan). So I decided that since we had no plans for a while that we'd sit next to Santa's chair and eat cookies, so maybe she'd warm up to him....plus food never hurts in Sophie's case. So, the pictures we got were after 30 MINUTES of sitting next to Santa and warming up just a bit to him. I still couldn't get out of the picture, but atleast she wasn't crying! That poor Santa, he just thought she was a doll and tried to persuade her with candy and everything...but nothing worked.
I guess I can always look back on her 1st visit to Santa, when she was 4 months old and enjoy those (when she couldn't have cared less who has holding her, even if it was Santa!)

She's obviously not easily bribed, no candy cane did the trick.


Atleast she looks a bit more interested in Santa in this picture.

Of course....she's signing "eat", because she figures she's not sitting near Santa without getting some cookies! Smart girl.

2 comments:

Lizzie Collum said...

Awww...she's so cute. She looks so pretty in her little dress.

Jessie said...

Lily was terrified of Santa this year, too!