Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we have been talking to the kids about what they are thankful for. Sophie sadly mentions only "her toys." So I told her yesterday, you should also be thankful for your mommy and daddy that love you very much, and God because he gave you your mommy and daddy. She replied, "Um.....ok, I am thankful for my mommy, daddy, God, AND my toys!" Don't know if I even got the point across, but I have been trying to think of things we can do witht he kids every year around this holiday season to make them think of others, and give to others. We have decided through our church, to "adopt a family." So, when it gets closer to X-mas we will be buying things that a particular family needs, then making the trip out to their house to give them the presents. I think this will be a good experience for the kids, and us! This is just a recent picture I caught of the kids, as they were hanging out on the couch one morning watching a movie.....too cute.



No comments: