Sunday, December 5, 2010

Elvis the Elf

Thankfully I don't have to talk in code on this blog, since there won't be any kids reading this post! Nick finally got our Elf on a Shelf book down from the attic yesterday, thankfully we didn't pack it in with the boxes that went to storage. Sophie woke up this morning and came into our bed to watch t.v., so I took the opportunity to tell her that an elf had arrived in our living room last night, and that Santa had sent him to watch her and Brody to make sure they were behaving everyday. She then burst into tears and said that she didn't want to see an elf in our living room, and that she was scared. Not quite the reaction I thought I'd get! So, we talked a little more about how Elvis was Santa's friend, and ours too, and then when she saw him and said hi...I guess he was a welcomed visitor at that point.

I love the whole idea, because I love being able to starts traditions in our family, and this is just 1 more we've started. I won't lie, it's also a great bargaining tool that I like to use on a daily basis, in order to get Sophie to listen to me and stop throwing fits! We look forward to seeing Elvis the Elf every morning, and for many years to come.



No comments: