Saturday, May 30, 2009

Exhausted by this new change in life

Well, I have found myself very exhausted all the time these days. Somehow Brody's personality has changed quite a bit over the last week or so. He's now the baby that doesn't sleep during the day.....he eats, pees, and cries! I know the Dr. says it's not acid reflux....but it seems like that's all Sophie did during the first few months of her life as well. So, we shall see what becomes of this new schedule. I must say that both my kiddos know how to sleep through the night, which is a blessing! It is hard during the day though, because Sophie always wants to be picked up because I know she feels like she isn't getting any attention since my hands are always full with a crying baby. So, I figure it can only get better from here...hopefully. On a better note, we are finding out how to get out of the house more and even by 10AM, which surprises even me. It helps when Sophie can get out and play at a park or see her friends. All of you who have heard me say that I want more than 2 kids, can ask me again in like 3 years or more, because currently two is more than enough!
With summer being here now we have had tons of fun in the pool with Sophie since her swim lessons are complete. We are constantly impressed with her swimming and that she's such a fish, she will swim all day if we let her. Here are just a couple new pics we have, I feel horrible that we were so camera ready with Sophie, and now with Brody I'm lucky if I even know where my camera is! So, feel lucky you get a couple pics!
Sophie loves hugging, kissing, and even trying to pick up her baby brother.

I think that picture was the last one taken of him sleeping during the day, AND without being swaddled.....wow he's particular!


Awww, awake in his vibrating seat, that's how I usually see him.

3 comments:

BlankenBlog said...

Sophie looks like such a big girl next to him! you and Nick have beautiful kids :)
congrats on Brody!

Lizzie Collum said...

So sweet! I miss you guys.

Trish said...

They look SO much alike! I'm impressed that you're able to get out of the house without help by 10:00!