Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Growing up.....too fast might I add!

Well, after about 2 weeks of Sophie fussing and screaming at nap time....AND waking Brody up, which is a huge no-no since he doesn't sleep much during the day anyways, Nick and I decided that maybe if we turned Sophie's bed into a "big girl" bed she might act better. All I ask is that she's quiet and doesn't wake Brody up during their naptime! Honestly, as long as I can be productive during my maybe 2 hours that I have all day, I don't care of she wanders around her room and plays with everything! As long as she's quiet, I figured that wasn't too much to ask. But the past 2 weeks have been unbearable, she seems to hate her bed. Everytime I go into her room she says "out of bed." So, tonight we took the plunge, which made both Nick and I very sad, we made her baby crib into a big girl bed. It only reminded us that she's growing up, and we don't like it ONE bit! So far she seems to love her bed, although I spent the first night worrying that she'd fall out. Now we will see how naptime goes from here on out.

I hate it when I get BIG reminders that our little 4 pound 12 ounce baby is growing up. Lately it's been taking away her pacifier, hearing her favorite phrase "Sophie do it," and now her big girl bed. I am already dreading future things, Mother's Day Out and Kindergarden. They truly do grow up too fast. For anyone in my family....does that not look like the same exact face I made in soo many pictures when I was little?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness... she IS growing up too fast!! she is such a little beauty! I love you all :) Can't wait to come in town again and see you and everyone