Saturday, October 9, 2010

We made it out alive!!

I am sorry to say that I have never been to Brazos Bend Park, despite living here my whole life. So, our Mom's Club was going, and I decided that we should just go for it. Even though I had images of Brody wanting out of the stroller, as usual, and wandering off into some alligator den and getting chased and eaten.....just shows how much I know about alligators. Before going, I asked Nick a million times if it was safe for me to take both kids by myself! He thought I was being ridiculous, and just laughed it off. So, we actually went last week and had a GREAT time! We only saw 1 gator while we were on our hike, and he was in the water, far enough away from the kids that I felt safe. We ended the trip with a picnic and some playing. Sophie loved this HUGE tree that we showed her, and kept wanting to get back in it. Sadly, Brody was as usual moving too fast during this trip, so the only picture I have of him is 10 minutes after we got in the car to drive home. Just goes to show how much fun he had there though!


No comments: