Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Things

Sorry there are no pictures to go with this blog entry! I feel like, ever since the holidays, I have been horrible at taking any pictures.
Well, some new things have been going on with Brody the past few days. He is just a few days shy of being 9 months old...can you believe it?? The past few days he has been rocking on his hands and knees, but not moving anywhere yet...which is a VERY good thing actually. Also, today I was outside with the kids, and Sophie thought Brody needed some leaves to eat. Of course, shes always doing "pretend play" with him, but he doesn't get it! I told her not to feed him leaves, and she responded with "They're not leaves mommy, they're cookies." So I had no come back for that! But as I was reaching in his mouth to fish out the leaves (cookies), I felt his first tooth on the bottom. I was excited, but I thought, how odd it was that I didn't notice any signs. Hopefully that means that future teeth coming in won't give him any problems, as Sophie was never bothered by them either. Of course, now I am annoyed at my pediatrician because she's been telling me for the past few weeks that he's not teething and that NO teeth are coming in.
Also, on another note, Brody will be seeing his pediatric opthamologist Monday to get his blocked tear duct flushed out. It's an in-office procedure, and we'll see how it goes. It has a 70% chance of working and I hope it does, because the next step is to go into the hospital and have an IV put in so that Brody can get a tube placed in his tear duct to keep it permanently un-clogged. And honestly after I saw Sophie being "put under" for her surgery when she was 18 months old, I never want to see that done to a child again....especially since Brody is still so young! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Lizzie Collum said...

Wow! Prayers going out that it works tomorrow for Brody! Cute about the leaves (cookies). She is quite a cutie, I must say!