Friday, March 27, 2009

Children's Museum and other updates....

I decided, against my better judgement, to take Sophie to the Children's Museum this morning. It was on my calendar, but after the week I had I thought I'd rather just cancel it! My sinus infection and allergies were kicking my butt, and Brody was seriously sitting on my sciatic nerve, but i decided that Sophie needed some serious playtime. For any of you who haven't been to the new and improved Tot Spot at the museum really need to go, it's great! It was a bit crowded since it was a Friday, and that meant "field trip day" for elementary school kids, but Sophie still had fun. I think she could have played there for a couple more hours, but unfortunately we had to leave because I needed a nap more than she did at that point. It seems to be that way all the time these days. Pics from the museum are at the bottom.

Well, Sophie has been on her gluten free diet for about 4 days now, and it could just be me...but she seems happier. I was thinking there for the past 3 weeks that she was going through a "defiance" stage (which I know she will be going through soon anyways). But ever since we started her diet she's just happy as a clam all of the time! Thanks to my friend, Lizzie, we now have two toasters to use.....which makes thing easier. Who knew you had to separate all the regular food from the GF food. The good news is that I bought a grocery guide to tell me which brands at the store are GF, and we actually have a lot of those foods already in our fridge. So, now that I'm passed the overwhelmed part I can focus on making dinners and stuff for Sophie. We have officially started our trial run and I'm not sure how soon we'll know whether she has celiac disease or not.

As far as the pregnancy goes, I'm already getting a bit depressed thinking about how my days won't just consist of me and Sophie hanging out, soon there will be Brody to take some of my time away. I just get sad for Sophie. I guess it's those good ole pregnancy hormones talking again! I have never experienced the last 6 weeks of a pregnancy, and so far I'm glad I skipped out on it the first time. I feel bigger than ever these days, I can't sleep whatsoever, I'm pretty sure I've developed that pregnancy waddle, and my sciatic nerve is sending crazy pains down my left leg every hour or so. So....on that note, as much as I loooooove Brody, I will be excited to have him OUT in 5 weeks!
A giant light bright, that toy took me back to my childhood!
Sophie wearing a bowl on her head, imagination at it's finest I guess.

She was very unsure about the slide, normally she charges down them.


Probably a bit young to be riding in cars with boys, but we won't tell daddy!

Of course, her favorite place....the kitchen! I had to coax her to leave that place. I am sensing that we should get her a kitchen for her 2nd Birthday.

No comments: